Monday, July 03, 2006

Gynae's check up at week 32... 1.717kg liaoz..

Met Dr. Chandras last night for my scheduled 32 weeks check up.. blood pressure was ok.. we updated him that we have toured the wards & attending th antenatal class @ MAH.
Topics we discussed about:

Epidural
He suggest that we go for epidural once I cannot tahan the pain. The dosage can be controlled to regain some sensation in active labour stage which will allow me to feel the contractions.

Episiotomy
Most first time mothers can't avoid this cut, and it won't be painful when administered. However, i told him that it was the pain AFTERWARDS that i dislike. Fear of constipation, urination problems etc..

PD
He has already booked Dr. Terence Tan for us. So, no problem

Doctor's letter
Not necessary as this is required usually for scheduled deliveries.. like planned c-section, induced birth..

Ward preferences
Upon admission, I can inform the nurses/ clerks that I prefer to be in Our Lady ward instead of St. Raphael's. They usually try to accomodate, but, no guarantees.

Next appointment
3 weeks later. So, all seems fine, with my blood pressure & everything. My weight is now 52.5kg, from my pre-pregnancy weight of 44kg. Baby weighs 1.717kg now and is expected to be a 3+kg baby.. average weight. If baby needs to double her size, i will be like a clusmy sack of potatoes very fast over next few weeks. gotta remember to apply more & more cream & oil! Already, the rashes are starting up again!

No comments: