Saturday, February 07, 2009

back to PD agan.. 3rd time in 2 weeks since his birth.. this round for neonatal breast Mastitis!!

My poor son.. seen the PD 3 times since birth!

1st was the regular visit for jaundice - passed
2nd was for the horrible pustales around his eyes..
and now, for neonatal breast mastitis! We saw a swelling on his nipple, including some pus on Thursday, which we did not notice on Wednesday.. alarmed, the maids rush to tell me.. initially i that that it was a new pustale located at the most awkward location.. yet, something tells me that the pus is so small, but the swelling behind it, so big.. maybe better return to the PD..

Dr. Simon Ng was fast.. he took a look and announced neonatal mastitis = breast infection from blocked milk ducts! i was stunned.. huh??

I knew that infants have milk in their breasts.. in the 1st few weeks of life.. but blocked ducts? and even worse, infection?

He was give Augmentin! i was arrghhh? So strong?? I still know my drugs.. goes to show..but he said that for infants with this, this is most appropriate medication.

and was asked to apply the cream which he gave us for the pustales.. sigh..

Mom concludes that it is the playpen assembly during confinement at work.. suggested to dismantle it but, Ashton will sleep where? dilemma!! My heart hurts to see my wee little boy wincing in pain when i feel around his infected nipple.. he is a brave boy..

Getting to know my son more these 3 weeks had been fun.. he takes after AK in behaviour, patterns.. sneezes like him too.. normally, at least twice when he kanna a sneeze attack..

He is a quiet and not so demanding baby so far.. but once provoked, really give us his super loud wails as if to prove his point!

He loves to sleep next to me at night! And if i put him back to playpen, he will fussed to be carried!

5 comments:

nutcase said...

din hear u say yesterday. hope he's better now

Jasmine said...

yes, much better.. mini A cup down to AA cup..keke.. he will be teased about this for his life..

nutcase said...

aiyoh... dun make the boy shy la

evan9eline said...

Not sure If you are still active. My little girl seems to have the same problem. You can imagine how concerned I am. May I know the outcomes of your boy's treatment? Is operation inevitable? Thx a lot!

evan9eline said...

Not sure If you are still active. My little girl seems to have the same problem. You can imagine how concerned I am. May I know the outcomes of your boy's treatment? Is operation inevitable? Thx a lot!