Monday, December 17, 2007

my X'mas gift to myself.. and finally, i found my Jade necklace after 3 yrs!



My friend, Marene was raving about Brenda Cheah and how much she love her jewellery.. She splurged 500 sgd on 2 pairs of earrings!
Curious, and also, being end of the year (XMAS mood), PLUS, Takashimaya was having 10% off storewide.. i went to check it out!
Sigh, the pitfalls of working in Orchard! I ended up buying a pearl necklace with a jade pendant. I have been looking for it for 3 years! One versatile enough to change straps, classic enough to pass to my daughter without looking outdated, yet with a modern touch. I simply love my Chee-na stuff! Cost me 550sgd.. but I reckon it is worth it, after all, i don't spend often on jewellary, and if I do, i want it to be of good quality as I wear them sooo often! The string pearl straps can be removed and changed to other designs! Isn't this great for travelling & work and weekends and dinners?
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the necklace was too long and the sales person will convert the excess to a complimentary pair of pearl earrings, which was another of my classic favorite, updated in style!
Really look forward to getting it on friday!
And what the heck, i walked into Gucci too.. decided to take the plunge and buy that waterproof canvas shoulder bag I have been eyeing for 5 months. It cost me 800 sgd, but for the price, it is 40% cheaper then other Gucci bags and being waterproof is a definite plus for me!
Ok, for once, CNY, will be Gucci for me!
AK, please dun faint tonight! *cross my fingers*

No comments: