Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thoughts on expressing @ work..

Having returned to work for a month, I have started to get used to the routine of pumping at work. However, having a slow milk flow rate definitely has it disadvantage.

For one, i need a longer time to express a quantity that is definitely not enough for Jadelle. For another, it interferes with my working time and the company is definitely not happy about this. Imagine me spending 45 minutes in the toilet each round x 4 times a day to get 8-11 oz?

I realise that my company, even though it is an MNC, is severely lacking in facilities to help their staff who wishes to continue to breastfeed their babies. Yet, bringing it up to the management brought up questions of: " if another colleague can do it in the toilet, why can't you? And in a shorter time too!"

Imagine that i owned a dual electric pump and i can't utilise it, as there is no power socket in the handicap toilet!

And, this recent clash of opinion made me realise too, that it is time i change my job. I am getting too complacent already and have started to be "bo chap" about my quality of work.. That can't go on. I MUST change this year!

Dear God, please bless me with a better job in terms of benefits, understanding bosses, great career prospects and show me the money please! *kneeling down in prayer*

No comments: