Sunday, December 10, 2006

My flipping baby..@ 14 weeks!

My girl marks her 14th week yesterday by demonstrating to her Daddy that she can flip if she wants to from her back to her front..

Daddy didn't know that it was her first flip without assistance and acted nonchalantly, and even told me that she already had done her tummy time all by herself... i was puzzled when he told me this.. but was sooo excited..

All we did was to show Jadelle where to place her legs and arms and she picked it up fast in 2 days! At the last August mummies gathering, she was still struggling to hold up her head! (See video clip on previous post)

Now, i am worried that she soon will be turning and flipping out of my queen sized bed! Oh dear, my girl's trying to learn as fast as she could and growing up faster then i expected. Soon, i will have to put protective corners around the house and plug up all the electrical points.

I am glad that we were able to witness her first flip.. and cross my fingers that i will not miss anymore of her firsts....

I will be making my first working trip to KL tomorrow and this pose a headache for me..how to pump and store the milk? Looks like i have to bring my fridge to go and require assistance from colleagues in the M'sia office for fridge storage.. as well as during trips. I am crossing my fingers that i won't need to pump so long.. :( sigh..

Breastfeeding in this sense is really a pain.. and i ache to se my girl waking up every 2 hours to suckle for milk, cos i keep thinking that my milk ain't enough and that is why she still wakes up so often at night for milk.. yet, to see her latched on so comfortably, especially when initially she don't know how to latch... my heart melts.. latching her on is the most efficient way for me to bond with her now, giving my lack of time with her, as a Full Time Working Mother (FTWM). I am now wondering if i should attempt to feed her via bottle at her last feed so that she is full enough to sleep longer and perhaps last through the night..

I will have to latch Jadelle on until 3am and pray for the best.. can Andy handle his princess alone????

Will update on THAT when i return!

No comments: