Thursday, September 21, 2006

yikes! bathing with pomogranate leaf really work!

Since my last posting, my confinement nanny suggest that we bath baby with the leaf and see if it will calm her down. She said that maybe Jadelle is over stimulated especially if carried by many people.. and guess what?

Today is the 2nd day since I was trying to crack her screaming code.. and she is back to normal! Hmm izzit a coincidence?

today, Jadelle is 19 days old.. and she is changing very fast.. when she drinks her milk, she can open her eyes super big and look at me.. and even know how to complain when milk flow isn't to her liking! She seems to be more alert now.. responding to her cries immediately also helped. She no longer wake up screaming and wailing loudly. Crossing my fingers now..

She doesn't like it if we put her down in her cot once she fell asleep after her milk and will wake up and whimper. So, my nanny have to cuddle her until she falls into a deeper sleep before putting her gently down and even then she will have to keep close and pat pat pat her until she is assured.. I hope i can do as well when i am left alone with her!

Haven't bathe her yet too.. do i still remember how to? i hope so..

How am i? i get really emotional over the smallest things which can trigger tears.. but AK has been a great support.. juz thinking about some stuff that is bothering me can drive me to tears. How weak is that, Jasmine? But, i attribute it to the hormones lah..

I really wonder how much to pay my nanny now.. she doesn't know much about BF and what soups to cook to help me. Can't even massage my breasts.. but she does all the housework n cooking n cleaning lah, but i am the one waking up at night to feed her, though she help me pat Jadelle to sleep (which i am thankful for..). My nanny, as expected is pro- FM, so, 1st week, she plus EVERYONE was trying to tell me give Jadelle formula milk and not be so hard on myself to latch her on even at night..

I lashed out at my M, when she queried is it bb crying constantly cos i got no milk. and until today, she has been giving me the cold shoulder and even when i consulted her about the full month cakes, she tell me no comments and ask me to ask my grandma myself?

My MIL too, been asking me about my milk supply.. GGRHHH... what's wrong with these people? Like i gonna starve my girl? Already not feeling good about the confinement rules about not bathing and i am so SICK of ngor hee, plus hormones all crashing, plus stress of baby plus so yucky over my flabby tummy (SOB!) and they come and pile on the stress on me??

These people are concerned, but they don't realise they add stress to me.. Thank god i don't stay with my MIL now.. and Thank God for AK..... Did i mentioned he is the best thing to happen to me??

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hi, I chanced upon your blog and read abt your gripes about people commenting abt your BF-ing.

There was a period (abt 6wks old) that my baby cried non-stop in the late afternoons (precisely 4pm..keke.) I thot it would never end, but it mysteriously stopped (just as it mysteriously started) after a week. Baby massages will help.

Just remember that your BM is the BEST for your child. So hang in there. When they see that your baby is healthy and happy, they will not comment anymore! :)

Happy Sunflower said...

Yo! Hang on there :) Everything will be fine. Gotta one ear in, and one ear out sometimes :)
Now the people around me are getting amazed at the rate Aloysius is growing just on my breast milk.. lol..