Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My birth Story..

wow, it sure is a long story.. hang on!

3rd September, 2006

~2am: played finish mj.. can't sleep so chatted with AK
~4am: tummy ache.. did some big biz and noticed blood flowing out.. also, had "urine incontinence".. aa huge gush of water came out.. later on, realised it was my water bag.. :P.. Called up Gynae.. gynae advised us to make our way slowly to Mt. Alvernia..
~4:30am: We left our place, after taking a shower and some photos.. started having mild menstrual cramping like pain every 5 minutes.. so.. those are what contractions feel like..


5am: reach Mt. A's labour ward and "checked in". Was given enema to pass out all the motion left in my system... contractions starts to get stronger..

10am: gynae arrived.. I was only 3-4cm dilated. Put on oxytoxin drip to make the contractions stronger. The contractions peaked @ 130 strength.. AK & I noticed that when the contractions strengthened, baby's heartbeat will drop.. got a little worried and starting talking to her. Still can tahan the contractions, with the help of the yoga breathing techniques..

2pm: still only 4cm dilated.. contractions @ > 100 strength is coming in every 2 minutes. Yoga breathing techniques still helping.. at peak of the contractions, i breathe in a little of the gas.. it does take the edge off the pain a little. Baby's heartbeat still drops @ peak of contractions.. i was worried and hope that baby isn't too distressed.. cos that will lead her to pass motion in the womb. decide to take epidural, as i don't know how long it will take.. although still can cope with the pain.. i was crossing my fingers and hoping that the epidural will allow me to dilate faster and get baby out ASAP..

4pm: 6cm dilated. The mid wife helped to stretch my cervix wider..

5:30pm: Gynae arrived and i am 10 cm dilated.. we started to push.. The epidural has worn off a little and i can feel every contraction.. though not super pain.. the pushing was tough.. i can't push 4x within 1 contraction.. it made me breathless and faint..

6pm: Gynae said the head can be seen.. he needs to use vacuum as bb is still not facing my spine.. a few times, the vacuum came off.. and um.. blood splattered all over the nurses, AK, gynae n me..the nurses was asking each other whether got kanna their hairband boh..

6:55pm: Gynae holds open my cervix.. didn't use the vacuum anymore and ask me to push really hard and out pops Jadelle and placed on my lap.. i nearly cried.. it was so unbelieveable..

7-7:15pm: baby was examined, weight taken.. PD came.. i vomited and kanna my hair.. (damn it!). muz be due to the epidural.. was given something in my drip to stop the vomitting..

7:20pm: I start to feel really lousy.. the feeling was like i reach the end of the world, i can't revert to my pre pregancy stage, i felt like dying and it seems like if i black out.. that's it.. to prevent myself slipping further into this state.. i voiced out how i feel.. immediately, everyone's attention was on me.. AK ask me if i wanted to hold the baby, i told him to throw the baby out and told him it is all his fault! arrgghh.. think i even mentioned that i wanted to die.. and all this in the midst of delivering my placenta!

8pm: Gynae starts to stitch me up. I was still not myself.. and told him i want to go home and get off the bed now.. even moved my legs which is still heavy with the epidural medication..

9pm: the allergic reaction the the anti vomitting drug wearing off.. and i feel more like myself.. back aches.. and i kept stretching myself.. and asking for more water..
was wheeled back to the ward..

So, that is my birth story.. it was pretty scary, the final part. Makes me wonder if i dare to go through that process again. but i was glad that stage is over. Can't believe how can i have said that i want to throw away my darling girl..

After delivering Jadelle, she was warded in ICU for 4 hrs for observation and drainage as she was distressed and pass motion in the womb and also swallowed some of it..

The PD also detected an extra sound in her heart..which is cos one of the foetal blood vessels which was supposed to close upon birth.. didn't managed to close 100%. now, Jadelle has a 2mm gap that allows extra blood to flow to the heart which might cause the heart to overwork in severe cases.. however, on the 3rd day, the sound can hardly be heard liaoz by the PD. So, we will go for follow up with the PD and cardiologist to ensure that 1 month later, the gap has fused closed.

We also stayed an extra day as Jadelle has slight jaundice of 9. Was discharged together on the 4th day as it is below 10 (@ 8.5).

Now, gotta monitor her urine and motion.. as she seems to be passing too little.. i latch her on and breastfeed her every 1 hr- 1.5 hr in the day (ooh.. my nipples r sore!) and at night, i do that still but add on Formula milk after breastfeeding to enable her to get more water and food for passing motion..)

My milk kick in today.. after bf her for 1 hr.. can pump out 1 teaspoon.. keke.. slowly lah.. but i think, her sucking is better @ extracting milk..



No comments: