Thursday, August 17, 2006

Feelings @ week 38, 16 days to go..

Baby got big enough that it is now hard to view her on the ultrasound.. managed to upload my first video! i took a couple of these videos..with my trusty o2 throughout this pregnancy..

she weighs 2.8kg now.. a gain of 1kg, though my weight only went up by 500gms. diameter of her head is ~34cm?

Still headdown.. not in breech position, BUT, still also facing outwards.. kaypoh person siah.. If this continues when i am in labour, it means that my labour will be longer, as in this postion, her head diameter is bigger and harder to push out. Backaches are common, and often, gynae & midwives have to wait for the baby to slowly rotate herself before her head can appear.. In such a position, babies tend to arrive on or later then their EDDs and are not engaged into the pelvis earlier..

Solution? Wait and see.. meanwhile, i found out that it seems helpful to go on all fours for HALF AN HOUR every night? How does one maintain this position for this length of time anyway? Ok! still give it a try.. no harm..

I cross my fingers that i will NOT need to go into emergency C-section.. if i really need one, the gynae better tell me in advance so that it is easier for me to opt for it right from the beginning rather then to go through normal delivery, followed by attempted to assist with vacuum and forceps and finally concluding that NOPE! Gotta go under the knife.. Yikes! Still gotta keep the spirits up and stay on the positive side.. i stil tend to look at the negative side of stuff.. Hope baby doesn't take after me in that aspect..

No comments: